Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Layout

Knowing that writing isn't my strong suit, I encouraged the completion of the two page spread by starting to put together the layout.
In learning about the different elements of a magazine, the most important thing to keep in mind is to have your text flow. One wants to avoid overwhelming the readers with too much information, therefore the occasional break of images avoids this issue. Furthermore, grids for text is the best way to guide the readers, so that each column break transitions them to the next column with no confusion.
Since Stagger maintains a photojournalistic genre, images are a must for the the two page spread.




I know that I will be working with the "My New Identity" story, therefore my text will consist of personal re-encounterments of the subject's experience. I'm thinking either interview style or personal story/telling. I'll decide soon.
Keeping you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment