Saturday, March 24, 2018

Picture Perfect

I was able to get a hold of one model before they were whisked away to vacation with their families and friends, Iniya. As I said before, I've only known her for a few months, and only through school, therefore, I thought the whole experience was going to be an awkward one. After picking her up and then a short drive to the community park, I was already sweating bullets. I had a set idea of what I wanted the pictures to look like, but I didn't what to put Iniya in an uncomfortable position in which I wouldn't capture the raw emotion I craved.
However, the whole shoot went amazingly. Instead of me coaching her, Iniya's friendly vibes aided to calm me down. She was amazing, owning the camera and thinking throughly on each pose she presented to me. She was not even a little bit scared of the camera straight up in her face. She glowed. I am so impressed with her.
I was able to collect more than 70 pictures, but I've narrowed it down to 40 pictures. This is a lot, I know, but their were so many positions that I couldn't leave out! Yet one picture stood out the most to me.

Since the style of my magazine consist of black and white, the shadow on her face ties to the theme. I was experimenting with editing, and filters, but overall I think the original image is better. You can’t forget the essential part of tightening the image with a crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment