Friday, March 16, 2018

Reevaluate

After the group meeting in class, I left with a lot of changes: font, genre, color, table of contents, and basically anything I thought I was going to do.
Not that the ideas and suggestions the group provided me weren’t amazing, I do find that this group meeting has made me revaluate EVERYTHING. Rather than be more interested and passionate to keep me going, I left class discouraged.
Seeing that I haven't taken pictures, hence far behind schedule, the stress levels has risen. I feel so unprepared. I don't know if it is magazine related or just other things and assessments around me that has caused me to unfocus.
Thank the gods for spring break i'm I right? I am not sure if it's the optimistic side of me or the desperation, I believe that after this break, I'll be able to come out of the break with pictures, a cover page, and an some form of advertisement for my magazine. I'm thinking traveling agency, but I'm not sure how to portray said agency.
In other words, my break from work will be no break. Here is a list of what I will make sure I complete:
  • New font for "Stagger": The one I have now is too curvy. It takes away from the seriousness of the topic and genre. 
  • Genre: I feel like I lack all the elements of what makes a fashion magazine, which isn't necessary a bad thing. I never intended to make a "fashion" magazine. Nonetheless, I need to reflect the layout of a full photojournalistic magazine. 
  • Table of Content: I NEED MORE STORIES! I mean I knew that from the beginning, but I need a variety. I've lost inspiration and "topics" in which a magazine like "Stagger" would include. A detail the group meeting inspired was to include the page number of the story which is linked to the pictures on the Table of Content page. The large black and white dividers will have to become smaller in order to fit more stories, as well as some text to detail what the title represents. There are a lot of quirks which need fixing for the table of content to be complete. They aren't necessary difficult, rather they are specific and therefore fragile. The placement and sizing if every aspect is very specific so that the two pages will align with each other. 
Overall, I feel overwhelmed, but I think this stress will pay off at the end. In terms of the schedule, I can take pictures and edit for each aspect of the project accordingly. For example, when it's time to work on the two page spreed, I can designate some time to edit and take pictures for the said pages.
I really hope this huge delay won't hinder the quality of magazine I hope to produce. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment