Monday, March 5, 2018

You got Mail!

Coming home after a long shift of work, I checked the mail as I walked into my house. To my surprise, a fashion magazine, asos, is addressed for my older sister. Seeing that she moved out 3 years ago, I saw no harm in keeping it. The cover image is of a famous young actor, Cole Sprouse, but that wasn't what attracted me. What attracted me the most was its simplicity. All the text on the cover maintains the same font and are white. Also, the colors making up the cover are light and clean, therefore not overwhelming the readers.

I decided to do some research on the magazine. This is what I learned:
  • It distributed heavily in the UK.
  • It focuses on fashion trends, but typically implements popular celebrities to express their fashion line.
  • Their target audience mainly consist of 15-26 year old, high-middle class, females.
  • A large portion of readers can be found through their online platforms.
  • They ordinary stray away from lots of cover lines.

I wasn't thinking of fashion as path I would take with my magazine, but I see many opportunities with this category. Although standard fashion magazines tend to relay on a set of trend, I want to incorporate different cultural fashion.
I'm not sure of how I will be able to capture a variety of cultural outfits, but I'm sure i'll come up with something.


Citations:
    >Shop the ASOS Magazine. (n.d.). Retrieved February 27, 2018, from http://us.asos.com/women/shop-the-magazine/cat/?cid=25436
    >Cole Sprouse. (2018, February 25). Retrieved February 27, 2018, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cole_Sprouse
    >ASOS (magazine). (n.d.). Retrieved February 27, 2018, from http://ladygaga.wikia.com/wiki/ASOS_(magazine)
    >All products require an annual contract. Prices do not include sales tax (New York residents only). (n.d.). ASOS magazine: monthly

      reach by demographic UK 2015 | Statistic. Retrieved February 27, 2018, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/382304/asos-
      monthly-reach-by-demographic-uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment