Friday, March 9, 2018

Content

While working on the Table Of Contents, I only now realize there is a strong theme relationship between it and the Cover Page. The Table of Content does not only indicate the information provided by the magazine, it reveals a consistent color style and layout for the rest of the magazine. Seeing that I haven't completed the cover page or have definitely decided on a layout, there has been a limit to my ability to create the Table of Content. None the less, I took this opportunity to experiment with many different applications in which I could use to generate my magazine.
I've had a lot of experience with the Apple application Pages, and though that is my preferred application for any writing assignment, it doesn't provided many features when trying to design a magazine.
From a past project done in class, I was able to discover an amazing application and website which was designed with graphics in mind. The application, Canva, is my best friend. It provides an endless amount of gadgets and features in which one can incorporate into their cover page, table of content, or two page spread. I highly recommend Canva to anyone wanting to create a magazine or any form of poster.
As stated before, their were some details I still haven't planned out, which limited my capability to create a FINAL Table of Content. Final being the key word, I was still able to make two, in my opinion, amazing Table of Contents to-be.
(Please keep in mind that my magazine will consist of more stories/pages. This is just a preview to what the Table of Contents could be. The images are place-holders. All were not a creation of mine, they were provided for free by the Canva website.)

During my first attempt, the youthful and color side of me came out a lot more than I anticipated.


The color scheme is more towards the feminism side. Color has a major impact on attracting a specific gender. Furthermore, I do maintain an informational layout, but there is a lot going on the page. The images are framed in a unique manner, appealing to the youthful side, but it takes a lot of the elegant and simplicity I was hoping to have.


My second version of Stagger's Table of Context consist of two main colors. Black and white. Referring to AllTop's article, The psychology of color for web designers, neutral colors is the way to go when wanting elegance and clarity. We live in the modern era, therefore we must remember the impact of a black and white combo.


I really like this Table of Contents. It provides shot intriguing headlines, as to not to overwhelm the reader. At first, there may seem like their is a lack of youth, but the unique and compelling frame of the images preview a story to come. Like the Andre Stanton referred to in his Ted Talk "The clues to a great story", the frame of the images promise that they will take you to a story that will be worth your time.
Although I wasn't able to finalize my Table of Content, I'm confident that time was not wasted, rather I gain a better understanding on how every element of a magazine must work together and tie in to each other.


Citation:
>Pages. (n.d.). Retrieved March 09, 2018, from https://www.apple.com/pages/
>Canva. (2012, July). Retrieved March 09, 2018, from https://www.canva.com/
>Colbert, A. (2011, February 11). The psychology of color for web designers [infographic]. Retrieved March 09, 2018, from https://www.alltop.com/viral/the-psychology-of-color-for-web-designers-inf
>Stanton, A. (n.d.). The clues to a great story. Retrieved March 09, 2018, from https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_stanton_the_clues_to_a_great_story/transcript

No comments:

Post a Comment